It’s time to start making the switch from Google’s Universal Analytics (UA) to Google Analytics 4 (GA4). Not quite sure what this means? We’re here to help!
It’s time to start making the switch from Google’s Universal Analytics (UA) to Google Analytics 4 (GA4). Not quite sure what this means? We’re here to help! Below is a rundown of what GA4 is, its key benefits, and why you need to make the switch sooner rather than later.
What is GA4?
Essentially, GA4 is a new and improved version of Google Analytics, with brand new ways of tracking data that gives you better insight into the customer journey. GA4 is the biggest change Google Analytics has made in 10 years - which means Google has spent a decade fine tuning and perfecting a platform that accurately reflects the changing ways we use the internet.
What are the key benefits of GA4?
- Improved customer journey insights.
- Cross-platform tracking.
- New & improved reporting tools with epic custom reports to share with your team.
- Simplified pathways to set up and track events and conversions.
- A new and improved interface, so you actually enjoy looking at your data.
- Insightful data to help create powerful audiences for your ad campaigns.
- More intelligent user privacy features.
Why do I need to switch over to GA4?
On July 1st 2023, Universal Analytics will be phased out - and while you’ll still have access to your historical data for another six months, GA4 will become the default platform. To put it simply, if you don’t switch over to GA4, you’ll lose your data. This means you’ll be unable to view conversion data, website traffic, website engagement and more.
Need help migrating to Google Analytics 4? Don’t wait until June 30th to do so! Our expert team is here to make the transition seamless.